DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global in-flight entertainment and connectivity market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2021-2026.
- BAE Systems PLC
- Cobham Limited (Advent International)
- Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co. KG (Deutsche Lufthansa AG)
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Panasonic Corporation)
- Rockwell Collins Inc. (United Technologies Corporation)
- Thales Group
- The Boeing Company and Viasat Inc.
In-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) refer to an entertainment solution provided to passengers-on-board by the airlines. It includes various services, such as video streaming, text messaging, gaming and internet browsing. These services are usually device-agnostic and can be downloaded and viewed through numerous portable devices, such as tablets, smartphones, and laptops. IFEC also includes various non-portable devices, such as embedded seatback units, seat electronic units, wires and cables, ethernet switches and control units. These systems are installed on commercial and business-chartered planes to enhance the overall travel experience, comfort and safety of the passenger.
Significant growth in the aviation industry, along with the increasing adoption of wireless entertainment solutions, is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the increasing preference for luxury air travel with premium in-flight facilities is augmenting the market growth. IFEC systems provide personalized wireless and seat-centric entertainment to passengers. They are also lightweight, which aids in minimizing the aircraft’s overall weight and improving fuel-efficiency. Additionally, various technological advancements, such as the integration of virtual reality (VR) with consumer electronics, for an improved onboard entertainment experience, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. These systems are equipped with highly-accurate touch sensors and displays, integrated passenger control unit and programmable attendant call buttons. Other factors, including the advent of bring your own devices (BYOD) and rising investments in cabin interior and aviation products by airline companies, are anticipated to drive the market further.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
- How has the global in-flight entertainment and connectivity market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global in-flight entertainment and connectivity market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the aircraft type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the class?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global in-flight entertainment and connectivity market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Aircraft Type
7 Market Breakup by Component Type
8 Market Breakup by Class
9 Market Breakup by Technology
10 Market Breakup by End-user
11 Market Breakup by Region
12 SWOT Analysis
13 Value Chain Analysis
14 Porters Five Forces Analysis
15 Price Analysis
16 Competitive Landscape
16.1 Market Structure
16.2 Key Players
16.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ufcn1a
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900