- There are a total of five categories, including the R&Drone Award, which is organised in collaboration with Airbus Spain and will be presented to a work that makes a unique contribution to innovation in the drone sector
- The winning works and finalists of the Photography Award will be shown at the inaugural PHE 2022 exhibit, to be held at the Royal Botanical Garden in Madrid from 1 June to 28 August 2022
In 2022, the ENAIRE Foundation, a cultural entity linked to ENAIRE, is organising the twenty-seventh edition of its aeronautical awards. The ENAIRE Foundation Awards for research, innovation and communication in air transport, as well as artistic photography, along with other categories, are the only awards in these fields that are presented in Spain.
The projects of the four aeronautical categories have to be presented digitally before 31 May 2022 using the registration form provided by the ENAIRE Foundation for this purpose on its website:
- The Luis Azcárraga Award acknowledges work, studies or projects published in 2021 in official Spanish languages or in English and that make a unique and practical contribution to air transport in terms of planning and organisation, economic and administrative management, environmental impact and protection, as well as to technological research and innovation.
It is worth 12,000 euros.
- The José Ramón López Villares Award recognises Undergraduate and Master’s theses in Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering, as well as in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and Architecture at any Spanish university that involves air navigations or airports. The projects, written in an official language of
Spain or in English, must have been submitted and approved in 2021.
A maximum of four prizes is awarded every year, each one worth 3,000 euros: two for projects on air navigation and another for two projects involving airports.
- R&Drone Award for those works, studies, projects, articles, technical publications, etc., that make a unique contribution to innovation in the drone sector, in the fields of aircraft design and aircraft system technologies (including propulsion, communications, control, etc.), drone production, operation and traffic management, as well as the development of new applications.
In this new edition, the ENAIRE Foundation is again partnering with Airbus Spain to link this award with the latest developments in the aviation industry. The winner will be able to present the project to technical managers at Airbus Spain, who, if the project interests them, will consider prototyping it.
It is worth 12,000 euros.
- Aeronautical Journalism Award for works of journalism that are related to air transport and navigation, as well as airport facilities and airport services in general. The works, written in the official languages of Spain,or in English, must have been published or issued sometime in 2021 in Spanish press, radio, television, digital media or online publications. Up to three articles may be presented per candidate. It is worth 12,000 euros.
- The Photography Award, which is turning 15 this year, recognises original works of an artistic or free subject matter that have not received prizes in any other competition. Every author may submit up to three photographs. The three winning works will become part of the ENAIRE Contemporary Art Collection.
12,000 euros will be awarded to the first prize, 8,000 euros to the second and 5,000 euros to the third.
The Photography Award is structured into two phases that combine digital and physical formats. Photographs opting for the prize must be presented in digital format from 3 February to 11 March 2022 using the registration form that the ENAIRE Foundation has provided for this purpose on its website.
Of all the works presented, the jury will pre-select 25 photographs that will then have to be physically presented from 5 to 12 May 2022. In those cases where the artists must produce their work to present it in the physical phase of the prize, the ENAIRE Foundation will collaborate in its production, paying for 50% of the total cost of this process (up to 500 euros per photograph).
Of the 25 works presented in this second phase, the jury will ultimately select the three award-winning works and the seven finalists, which will be exhibited as a group from 1 June to 28 August 2022 at the Royal Botanical Garden in Madrid as part of the official opening of PHotoESPAÑA 2022.
All the rules for the awards are on the ENAIRE Foundation website: www.fundacionenaire.es
The work of the ENAIRE Foundation
The ENAIRE Foundation is a cultural organisation linked to ENAIRE. Its objectives include the fostering of aeronautical culture and the preservation, expansion and spreading of ENAIRE’s artistic heritage. This heritage consists of a notable collection of Spanish and Ibero-American art, spanning from the second half of the twentieth century to the present day, and encompassing more than a thousand works of all types. In addition, since last July, the ENAIRE Foundation has had a permanent venue for the ENAIRE Collection of Contemporary Art at the Naves de Gamazo in Santander.
ENAIRE also photo