The fastest speeds available
● Vista Global to serve as launch customer with 116 owned aircraft in operation worldwide
● Only service to offer speeds up to 25 Mbps in the U.S. and 15Mbps globally
● Bandwidth to support multiple apps and ultra HD content concurrently
Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), is teaming with leading satellite operator SES to bring business aviation customers the fastest broadband speeds available within the United States. The two companies are launching LuxStream — the only service that offers speeds up to 25 Mbps in the United States and 15Mbps globally via SES’s managed Ku-band satellite network
“In-flight connectivity is often cited by operators as the most important experience to provide on board, especially for long-range flights,” said LeAnn Ridgeway, vice president and general manager, Information Management Services for Collins Aerospace. “By working with SES to bring LuxStream to the business aviation segment, we’re meeting that need by providing speeds and services that are unparalleled in the industry.”
“LuxStream is the result of a great collaboration between SES and Collins Aerospace, and we’re very excited to build on our leading position in inflight connectivity to deliver a premium service for the business aviation segment,” said JP Hemingway, CEO of SES Networks.
“LuxStream is powered by SES’s global geostationary high-throughput and wide satellite beams, as well as a flexible, intelligent ground network. Its performance has been validated extensively with a large number of passengers who were able to easily access the internet and stream entertainment content to their personal devices at 25Mbps.”
Vista Global —providing worldwide business flight services with a fleet of 116 owned aircraft and access to 1,500 jets globally — will be the launch customer for the new system. Collins Aerospace will deliver the LuxStream service, as well as its new Collins Aerospace Cabin Router on Vista Global’s fleet of aircraft for both of its brands — VistaJet and XO — starting with the company’s 36 Global business jets under VistaJet, the group’s leading brand and only global business aviation company. The higher bandwidth of the LuxStream service will enable more VistaJet Members to use more devices and more apps simultaneously whilst flying anywhere in the world.
“We place our members at the center of all we do to ensure they feel at home while they’re on board. Even at 45,000 feet, connectivity is key for business owners to continue working efficiently or families to keep in touch and unwind during their flight,” said Thomas Flohr, Founder and Chairman of Vista Global.
“LuxStream will provide all our Members with that exceptional and consistent experience that Vista Global and its brands are known for. This investment is another testimony of our global industry leadership”
This new solution, available as part of Collins Aerospace’s ARINCDirect portfolio of services, will provide both VistaJet and XO with additional benefits including:
• High-quality bandwidth capable of supporting multiple streams of ultra-high-definition content, all while fellow passengers are concurrently running other apps
• Flexible pricing models to meet the aircraft’s mission — whether they fly daily, weekly or less frequently
• An always-on service enabled by the redundancy and resiliency offered by SES satellites
• A turn-key solution with both hardware and service provided by Collins Aerospace, giving the operator one point of contact and access to Collins’ industry-leading global support services
Suzanne Ong- photo Business Wire