The 2023 Young Graduate Trainee positions are now open for applications! Opportunities are available in engineering, science, IT and business services. Find out more and apply now.
The ESA YGT Programme offers young graduates with a Master’s degree a unique opportunity to work on inspiring space missions at the heart of European space activities. Join our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe working together in an international and friendly environment.
Our mission is the peaceful exploration and use of space for the benefit of everyone. Apply today to be a part of this mission.
Become a YGT! Browse our YGT opportunities here.
How to apply?
- Explore our Young Graduate Trainee opportunities here.
- Select the opportunity that interests you the most and fits best with your academic background and aspirations. Due to the high number of applications received each year, we can only accept a maximum of two applications per person.
- Register and create your candidate profile with your CV and motivation letter.
- Apply! You will be able to track the status of your application throughout the process by logging into your candidate profile
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the YGT Programme, you must be:
- a student in the final year of a Master’s degree or have just graduated in engineering, science, IT or business services.
- a citizen of one of the following ESA Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia, as Associate Members, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria and Cyprus as European Cooperating States.
What we offer
- A unique professional experience as part of a team of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe, working together on inspiring space missions in an international, multicultural and friendly environment.
- A great opportunity to gain extensive experience that could open doors to a long-term career within Europe’s space sector.
- A one-year contract (with possible extension to a second year) with 2.5 days’ paid leave per month.
- Excellent employment conditions, including a monthly salary exempt from national income tax in ESA Member States.
- Travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract reimbursed.
- Expatriation allowance and/or an installation allowance on arrival if you move from another country.
- Comprehensive health cover under ESA’s social security scheme. Please note that Young Graduate Trainees do not contribute to ESA’s pension scheme and may wish to opt for alternative solutions.
Want to learn more?
Join our live information sessions
We have two online information sessions which are free and open to all to receive your questions. Save the date and join us!
|7 February 20:00 CETJoin us here (registration not required)||Hosted on TwitchCurrent ESA YGTs will join former YGT and host, Corentin Buti, on his Twitch channel La Capsule to deep dive into what it’s like to work as a YGT and for ESA. Hop in the live chat and take part in the conversation.|
|16 February 12:00 CETJoin us here (registration not required)||Hosted on WebexJoin current YGTs as they share the work they do on ESA projects, their own personal experience of the application process and the tips and tricks they learned when applying to ESA.|
Life at ESA
Stay connected with us!
Follow us on LinkedIn.
- ESA also photos
Source: Auto Draft