– Breeze To Now Serve Las Vegas from 11 Cities Nonstop –
LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Breeze Airways, the Seriously Nice™ low-fare airline founded by aviation entrepreneur David Neeleman, announced a new route from Akron-Canton, OH, to Las Vegas – just as it touched down for the first time in “the entertainment capital of the world” today, inaugurating a new route from Richmond, VA.
The new service from Akron-Canton will be Breeze’s 11th new nonstop to serve Las Vegas. Flights will start October 6 and travel is now on sale from just $99* one way, if purchased by June 13, 2022, for travel by February 14, 2023.
Breeze offers nonstop service to Las Vegas, NV, from:
- Richmond, VA (Thurs and Sun, starting today);
- Syracuse, NY (Fri and Mon, starting June 10);
- Fort Myers, FL (Wed and Sat, starting June 11);
- Norfolk, VA (Thurs and Sun, starting August 4);
- Huntsville, AL (Thurs and Sun, starting August 4);
- Charleston, SC (Fri, Sat and Mon, starting August 5);
- Hartford, CT (Wed and Sat, starting September 7);
- New York-Westchester, NY (Daily, starting September 8);
- Jacksonville, FL (Thurs and Sun, starting September 8);
- Provo-Salt Lake City, UT (Daily, starting October 5); and
- Akron-Canton, OH (Thurs and Sun, starting October 6, Nice from $99* one way; Nicer from $139*; Nicest from $149*).
“It’s a really exciting day today, as Breeze arrives in Las Vegas for the first time – bring out the showgirls!” said Breeze’s Founder and CEO David Neeleman. “And with our 11th new nonstop here, more people than ever can get to Vegas nonstop – for really low fares.”
“We welcome Breeze Airways’ announcement of roundtrip service between the Akron-Canton and Las Vegas markets,” said Ohio Governor Mike DeWine. “This new route shows confidence in the growth of the Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) and provides access to a top tourist and convention destination.”
“The investment Breeze is making in Las Vegas speaks to the enduring allure of this destination,” said Chris Jones, Chief Marketing Officer, Harry Reid International Airport. “With these and other coming new routes, Breeze has identified several unserved LAS markets and will soon make it even easier for travelers from across the country to fly to Las Vegas.”
“We are thankful for a winning partnership with Breeze Airways that allows us the ability to now offer nonstop service to CAK’s #1 unserved destination, Vegas! ” said Ren Camacho, Akron-Canton Airport President and CEO. “CAK’s convenient airport experience paired with Breeze’s excellent travel product make a sure bet for Northeast Ohio travelers.”
“Breeze Airways’ decision to choose Akron-Canton Airport for direct, round-trip service to Las Vegas adds more airline capacity accelerating the Airport’s post-pandemic recovery,” said J.P. Nauseef, JobsOhio president and CEO. “In less than a year, Breeze’s partnership has established seven nonstop markets for CAK, bolstering business and leisure travel options for Northeastern Ohioans while connecting other regions of the country to our state.”
Breeze will operate all Las Vegas new routes with its fleet of Airbus A220s. The airline plans to more than double its fleet this year, from 13 Embraer 190 and 195 aircraft to 30 aircraft, including 14 Airbus A220s and three additional Embraer E-jets. Breeze has ordered 80 new Airbus A220-300 aircraft, that will be delivered one per month over the next six years, with options for 40 more.
When flying on the A220 aircraft, Guests may choose from three price bundles that are offered as ‘Nice,’ ‘Nicer,’ and ‘Nicest.’
Breeze’s initial A220 aircraft deliveries will feature 126 seats, including 36 First Class in a two-by-two configuration, 10 Extra Legroom seats, and 80 Standard Economy seats in a two-by-three configuration. The A220 seat configuration is dynamic however and later deliveries will offer 137 total seats, 12 First Class seats, 45 Extra Legroom seats and 80 Standard Economy seats onboard.
With seamless booking, no change or cancellation fees, up to 24-months of reusable flight credit and customized flight features delivered via a sleek and simple app, Breeze makes it easy to buy and easy to fly. Flights are now on sale at www.flybreeze.com and via the Breeze app.
* Introductory fares promotion is only available when booking a new reservation and on select routes. Supply is limited. No advance purchase requirement applies. Promotional fares must be purchased by June 13, 2022 (11:59 pm ET) for travel through February 14, 2023. Price, rules and routes displayed include taxes and government fees, and are subject to change without notice. Black-out dates and other restrictions may apply.
BREEZE B-ROLL FOR BROADCAST MEDIA:
About Breeze Airways
Breeze Airways began service in May 2021 primarily in the east and southeast of the United States, but is expanding west across the U.S. with 90 nonstop routes between 30 cities in 17 states. Founded by aviation entrepreneur David Neeleman, Breeze is a low fare carrier offering “new, nice and nonstop flights” between secondary airports, bypassing hubs for shorter travel times. Breeze’s mission is to make the world of travel simple, affordable and convenient, using technology, ingenuity and kindness to improve the travel experience. With seamless booking, no change or cancellation fees, up to 24-months of reusable flight credit and customized flight features delivered via a sleek and simple app, Breeze makes it easy to buy and easy to fly. Flights are on sale at www.flybreeze.com and via the Breeze app.