DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Airborne Fire Control Radar Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global airborne fire control radar market reached a value of US$ 2.84 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the market is set to reach a value of US$ 3.76 Billion by 2027 exhibiting a CAGR of 4.50% during 2022-2027.
Airborne fire control radars (AFCRs) refer to long-range detection systems that are used for intercepting, tracking and attacking hostile air-to-air and air-to-ground agile targets. They are lightweight and compact and are integrated with the missiles, guns and rockets in fast strike aircraft and helicopters.
AFCRs consist of antennas and low-pulse repetition frequency (LPRF) systems to induce the doppler frequency for the detection of changes in the range of moving targets. The radars identify the location of the target and process the data to determine the trajectory and continuous position.
AFCRs also aid in navigating around fixed or moving targets and generate warnings to prevent collisions of large aircraft. As a result, these radars are widely used for detection, search, surveillance, weapon guidance and navigation operations.
Airborne Fire Control Radar Market Trends:
The rapid modernization of target detection equipment is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, the widespread adoption of active electronically scanning arrays (AESA) in aircraft is providing a thrust to the market growth.
With the rising incidence of cross-border disturbances and terrorist attacks, military and defense organizations are extensively utilizing AFCRs for accurate target detection and conducting critical missions. The radars offer in-flight synthetic aperture radar (SAR) images of targets for real-time detection of movement or elevation in the field.
In line with this, the increasing procurement of fighter jets by the government of developing economies to enhance the aerial strength of defense forces is also contributing to the growth of the market.
Additionally, the increasing demand for advanced electro-optical systems in helicopters for improved combat capacities is acting as another growth factor. These systems are also integrated with advanced geolocation sensors, long-range battle damage assessment and surveillance and reconnaissance systems.
Other factors, including the increasing automation in security and surveillance radar systems technology, along with significant improvements in the defense infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global airborne fire control radar market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global airborne fire control radar market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the frequency band?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global airborne fire control radar market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being
- Airbus SE
- Aselsan A.S. (Turkish Armed Forces Foundation)
- BAE Systems plc
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Israel Aerospace Industries
- Leonardo S.p.A.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Raytheon Technologies Corporation
- Saab AB
- Thales Group
Key Market Segmentation:
Breakup by Frequency Band:
- Ku/K/Ka Band
Breakup by Application:
- Air to Ground
- Air to Sea
- Air to Air
Breakup by End User:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5tgybj
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900