Card Members can receive more than $1,400 in value each year with new flexible benefits and rewards
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today, American Express (NYSE: AXP) launched a new American Express Business Platinum Card® in the U.S. that delivers new benefits in top business spending categories, differentiated services, travel perks, and the powerful backing of American Express. The new offerings provide Card Members the opportunity to access more than $1,400 in value each year to help keep their businesses growing and thriving.
“We are continuing to see strong demand and spending on our Business Card products as our Card Members invest in areas like technology, recruitment, and software to adapt and grow their businesses,” said Anna Marrs, Group President, American Express. “Our new Business Platinum Card is built to help fuel their success with benefits across categories where they are engaging the most, in addition to the best-in-class rewards, travel benefits and premium servicing they enjoy.”
American Express is the #1 card issuer for small businesses in the U.S.1, with a comprehensive suite of products that offer small and mid-size businesses differentiated value on B2B purchases, as well as top travel benefits and flexible payment options that help them grow and manage their businesses. As customers’ needs evolve, American Express continues to add new benefits and features to its Cards to meet those changing needs.
New B2B Rewards Where Businesses Are Spending
From July 2020 through June 2021, nearly 90% of U.S. Business Platinum Card Members used their Card to spend on key business services like wireless, technology, software, shipping, and recruitment. Card Members can now get even more value on these categories with enhanced rewards points and through unlocking over $1,000 each year in statement credits2. This includes:
New 1.5x Membership Rewards® points earned on purchases for up to $2 million per calendar year across new categories that include:
- Electronic goods retailers and software and cloud system providers
- Construction materials and hardware supplies
- Shipping providers
- All in addition to 1.5x points earned on large purchases over $5,000
- Dell Technologies: Up to $400 annual statement credit on all Dell purchases, up to $200 semi-annually. This is a $200 increase from the existing Dell benefit for Business Platinum Card Members.
- Indeed: Up to $360 annual statement credit on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services to post open positions and find quality talent, up to $90 per quarter.
- Adobe: $150 annual statement credit on select purchases, including Adobe Creative Cloud, the world’s best collection of creative apps and services, and Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign, which makes it easy to send, track and collect trusted e-signatures.
- Wireless Credit: Up to $120 annual statement credits for purchases made directly from US wireless telephone providers, up to $10 per month.
Enhanced Premium Travel & Dining Benefits
In addition to the new business spending perks, American Express also recently added even more travel benefits for U.S. Business Platinum Card Members, including:
- Expedited Security Screening: An annual $179 statement credit for a CLEAR membership.
- Premium Airport Lounge Access in More Cities: Complimentary access to the recently expanded American Express Global Lounge Collection®, which offers access to more lounge location options than any other credit card on the market 3, with more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting. Card Members planning future international travels will now also be able to visit the brand new Centurion Lounge at London Heathrow Airport, the third Centurion Lounge to open this year, and first-ever in Europe. For more information, visit here.
- Premium Private Jet Program: Access to a 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, a $500 or $2,000 credit added to Wheels Up account to use toward an initial flight within the first year depending on selected Wheels Up membership. For more information, visit here. Terms Apply.
- Global Dining Access by Resy: The new Global Dining Access program by Resy gives Business Platinum Card Members exclusive reservations at some of the world’s top restaurants, access to premium events, and other perks like priority notify and VIP status. For more information, visit here.
Continue to Enjoy Existing Platinum Benefits
U.S. Business Platinum Card Members can continue to enjoy these existing benefits and more:
- 5X points on flights and pre-paid hotels booked in advance through AmexTravel.com
- $200 Airline Fee Credit annually for up to $200 back in statement credits each year on incidental fees at one Card Member-selected qualifying airline.
- 35% points back when Card Members pay with points to purchase all or part of an airline fare (up to 500,000 points back per calendar year).
- Cell Phone Protection for repair or replacement costs following damage or theft up to $800 per claim, with a limit of two approved claims per 12 month period, when the cell phone line is listed on a wireless bill and the prior month’s wireless bill was paid by an Eligible Card Account. A $50 deductible will apply to each approved claim.
- Up to $100 credit on a Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee.
- Payment flexibility with features like Pay Over Time, giving business owners the option to either carry a balance with interest on eligible purchases of $100 or more, or to pay the balance in full each month. Through April 13, 2022, new Business Platinum Card Members can receive an introductory APR of 0% for 12 months.
The new and enhanced U.S. Business Platinum Card has an annual fee of $695 starting on or after January 13, 2022 for both new and existing Card Members
Terms and limitations apply. For more information about the Business Platinum Card, visit americanexpress.com/BusinessPlatinumCard.
1 Nilson Report for non-American Express purchase volume in 2020; American Express based on internal data.
2 Enrollment in each benefit required.
3 As of August 2021.
ABOUT AMERICAN EXPRESS
American Express is a globally integrated payments company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, instagram.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Key links to products, services and corporate responsibility information: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, Accertify, Kabbage, corporate card, business travel, and corporate responsibility.