To support the preparation of the SOLARIS initiative on Space-Based Solar Power, to be proposed at ESA’s Ministerial Council next month, the Agency organised the first SOLARIS Industry Day.
The event took place at the ESTEC technical centre in the Netherlands and online on 18 October 2022.
The Industry Day consisted of:
- Presentations from ESA outlining the SOLARIS preparatory programme
- Interactive discussion on SOLARIS implementation process
- Presentations from European industry actors on their system-level vision for Space-Based Solar Power
- Bilateral meetings between ESA and selected entities
- Opportunities for discussion among participating entities
It was attended by over 150 participants including 30 onsite, representing organisations from both the space and energy sector. Through a set of engaging and inspiring presentations and interactive discussions, participants were informed about what ESA is proposing for SOLARIS and how we expect to implement this initiative if it is successfully subscribed at ESA’s Ministerial Council next month. Selected industrial entities also presented their system-level vision of Space-Based Solar Power.
The presentations that were made by ESA and industrial entities are available here.
ESA also photo